Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Anulom Vilom is not merely a breathing exercise, but it is a remarkable yogic method that includes controlling delicate ‘Pranic energies’ (or vital force or bio-energies) of our body flowing via specific channels.
The ‘ida’ and ‘pingala’ nadis or channels (nadis or channels cannot be anatomically specified.) The controlling of the Prana through the unvarying practice of Anulom Vilom pranayama helps to balance the energies flowing via the Ida and Pingala nadis.
This, in turn, kindles the central channel termed Sushumna Nadi. This helps in the exclusion of free radicals and toxins from the Ida and Pingala nadi and helps to reinstate a balance between the two hemispheres of the brain.
This helps to cleanse the entire nervous system. Healing and bringing about mental calm, harmony, and tranquillity.
This ancient practice helps in reinforcing the mind and whole relaxation. Engrossing in this yoga exercise is simple and easy as a result more and more people are picking it.
Note: It can be performed in the morning or the evening. Guarantee that you practice anulom vilom pranayama 4-5 hours after having your food. Cardiac or Blood pressure patients must not hold their breath while doing this pranayama just keep inhaling and exhaling.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Technique –
- Sit in any meditative pose either Sukhasana, Padmasana , etc.
- The spine must be upright
- With the right thumb, block the right nostril. Inhale via the left nostril for 2 seconds. Now block both nostrils and grip the breath for 4 seconds. (Cardiac, Blood pressure patients and pregnant women must not hold their breath while doing this pranayama only keep inhaling and exhaling.)
- Keep the left nostril blocked and release the right nostril. Exhale via the right nostril for 2 seconds. Now inhale via the right nostril for 2 seconds. Block both nostrils and grasp the breath for 4 seconds. Keep the right nostril blocked and release the left nostril. Exhale for 2 seconds from the left nostril. Block both nostrils. Clutch the breath in suspension for 2 seconds. This finishes in one single round.
- Begin the cycle again this time inhaling from the right nostril. Repeat for a maximum of 10 rounds. Try to upsurge the counts of inhalation and exhalation with regular practice. Try to uphold the ratio of equal counts for inhalation, exhalation, and suspension of the breath while holding the breath for double the duration.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Benefits –
- It helps to fire depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Regular practice has been recognized to be very cooperative and useful in treating respiratory disorders like Asthma, bronchitis, etc.
- Various types of research done specified that by doing this alternate breathing exercise serious health disorders, like heart problems, severe depression, high blood pressure, arthritis, and migraine pain has been alleviated.
- Helpful in overpowering negative thoughts. Thinking becomes positive and you can overcome negative emotions for example anger, forgetfulness, uneasiness, and frustrations.
- Concentration, patience, focus, decision-making ability, and inventiveness to upsurge as advantages of this pranayama.
- Outstanding workout for naturally glowing skin.
- Aids in keeping diabetes under control.
- Dismisses fever, eye concerns, and ear issues.